We believe in individual attention to clients as well as the traditional values expected of solicitors:
Time can be important when dealing with some issues. Prompt and immediate advice, combined with the right sort of action, can resolve long-term conflicts as well as avoid lengthy (and costly) litigation.
We are committed to providing legal services to all, whether funded by legal aid, no win no fee or on a private paying basis.
Our services to you
To all clients, we aim to offer friendly and helpful advice in a relaxed environment.
Many years of practising in Dorset have given the firm a reputation unsurpassed in the local community.
SRA ID: 302589.
Contracted with the Legal Aid Agency.
Partners of Mustoe Shorter are Ruth Mills, Lee Christmas & Simon Brimacombe of 7-8, Frederick Place, Weymouth, Dorset DT4 8HQ
The SRA Code of Conduct can be found at www.sra.org.uk.
VAT registration number: 323 709 664
Details of the firm`s professional indemnity insurance can obtained by emailing email@example.com.
Cybercrime Warning - Avoid Being a Victim
Cyber fraud is a real and increasing threat particularly the risk of criminals intercepting emails and fraudulently changing legitimate bank account details with the objective of stealing your money. Please note that Mustoe Shorter`s bank account details will not change during the course of a transaction and will remain as detailed in our initial correspondence. We will not e-mail you our bank details as e-mails are not secure. Please be vigilant and ensure caution at all times when responding to any requests for your bank details. We will not accept responsibility if you transfer money into an incorrect bank account
Our website and what we say in it are intended as a general guide to the firm and we who work in it. What we say here is not legal or professional advice. When we give you that, then you can rely upon it. We do not accept responsibility for what is given in information found in the content of any of the links in this website on to other websites.
We do all we can to protect your privacy, on or off-line.
We may ask you to provide us with personal details that help us to gain a better understanding of how we can advise you.
This information is confidential and will only be passed on to people in the firm who need to know about it. Any information passed to us by any means will not be disclosed to any third parties without your permission.
Some of our digital dictation/transcription is outsourced to UK based transcription company, Quest Information Systems t/a DictateNow. DictateNow are fully compliant with the requirements of the SRA and the GDPR and are certified to ISO27001 standard
Please note that the internet (including e-mail systems) is never a totally secure medium. Because of this, we cannot guarantee the permanent confidentiality of information supplied to us electronically.
The firm`s Data Protection Officer is the Business Manager
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients.
When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it so that we can do our best to resolve the problem. This will also help us to improve our standards.
Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you would like to make a complaint you should contact Lee Christmas who is the Partner in charge of client care. You can write to him at 7-8 Frederick Place, Weymouth, Dorset. DT4 8HQ or email him at Lee.firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
1. Within 2 days of receiving your complaint Lee will send you a letter of acknowledgement. He will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.
2. He will then start to investigate the complaint. He will ask the person who is working on your file to provide him with a written report in response to your complaint. If he is unclear about any aspect of your complaint he will contact you for clarification. He will also examine your file and carry out any other enquiries that he feels are necessary.
3. Lee will aim to complete his investigation within 7 days of receiving your complaint. He will then write to you setting out his findings and if appropriate suggest a solution for resolving your complaint.
4. If the investigation is going to take longer than 7 days Lee will let you know and provide you with a date by which the investigation will be completed.
5. If you are not happy with either his findings or his suggestions to resolve your complaint please let him know. He will review his decision and write to you confirming our final response on your complaint. He will do this within 7 days of receiving your response.
6. If you are still not happy with Lee’s decision you should contact the Legal Ombudsman. They are independent and will investigate your complaint. Their website is at www.legalombudsman.org.uk and their contact details are as follows:
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Write: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
The Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
Staff Diversity Data June 2019
Mustoe Shorter Solicitors & Advocates is required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), to invite all staff to complete a diversity questionnaire prepared by SRA.
These is no requirement for staff to participate or reply to all the questions. At the time of the gathering the information during June 2019 the firm consisted of 31 person including Partners.
11 replies were received, given the small number of returns, and to protect the identity of those who replied a summary of the data is out below
Of those who replied the majority are Female.
The full results have been reported to the SRA in July 2019.